AMARDEEP SINGH S/O GURCHARAN SINGH
ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR
Amardeep possesses significant experience in criminal law, global anti-corruption laws, international anti-money laundering laws and regulatory compliance. He started his career as a Deputy Public Prosecutor / State Counsel in Singapore’s Attorney-General’s Chambers (“AGC”) in 2010. At AGC, Amardeep became adept at processing all aspects of criminal litigation such as negotiating plea bargains, conducting courtroom trials as well as handling appeals at the appellate courts. During his career at the AGC, Amardeep acquired advanced abilities for prosecuting commercial and corruption cases.
Amardeep’s entry into private practice started at Trident Law Corporation where he pursued criminal defence, specialising in white-collar crime. At Edmond Pereira Law Corporation, Amardeep continues to hone his expertise in criminal litigation. He has expanded his practice to include a wide variety of regulatory compliance work. In addition to this, his current professional interests have broadened to include crypto-currency regulation, cyber-crime and security, data protection regulation and sentencing issues.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Criminal Litigation
- White-Collar Criminal Investigations and Defence
- Regulatory Compliance
- AML/CTF Compliance
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.), National University of Singapore
- Master of Laws, New York University
- Master of Science Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Oxford
- Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Law Society of Singapore
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- ASEAN Law Association
- Amardeep Singh s/o Gurcharan Singh, Sentencing Reform in Singapore: Are the Guidelines in England and Wales a Useful Model?, (2018) 30 Singapore Academy of Law Journal 175.
- Sim Shi Qiang & Amardeep Singh, Listening to the Battered Woman’s Silent Screams, (2009) 27 Singapore Law Review 139